Okay, okay.. I know its been a lifetime since my last post, and I wont waste half a post explaining why I have been a rubbish blogger or promise to be more consistent.. But instead I will just get on with it :) Sooo, for lent this year I decided to do something a little different.. and no, I'm not religious if you were wondering, its just that every lent whilst everyone is declaring to give up chocolate and cheese; I always have that guilty nagging feeling that I should be too. But as I already have very few vices, it would be hard to give something stereotypical like that up... so I had a little think outside the box. I wanted to do something worthwhile to more than just my waistline, and so I came up with local for lent; an idea to give up supermarket shopping and promise to shop locally for lent, supporting local businesses and our local community. Being a religious tweeter I put the idea out there on Twitter to see what people thought and straight away I had such positive r...
Hello, So thats it, my first ever Hot 90 Bikram class completed! I returned back from Paris a couple of days ago, had a day to prepare and went straight in with my first full public class yesterday evening. I can't begin to explain how I feel following it... its quite an overwhelming experience. Finally beginning my teaching journey after all these months of preparation and hard work; the intense weeks I spent training in paris all leading me to this point, and now I'm there, I feel so so much energy surrounding this part of my life. My first class went better than I could ever have hoped... I felt confident, of course nervous (and pretty sick!) and concerned about my dialogue.. but actually, I knew that whatever happened, I KNOW that series, I have worked hard to study and understand the fundamental basics underpinning every posture.. and if I fumble over my words or mix up lefts and rights, I'm not going to beat myself up over that because I am a new teacher and I ha...
'Sometimes we have to have a breakdown to have a breakthrough.' ...these words of my teacher here at teacher training, Christian really hit home yesterday.. After the first two weeks of training having gone by pretty successfully, I really wasn't expecting to have the day I had yesterday... We had a really intense morning, 3 hours in the hot room including a 90 minute class and a long mediation.. I went really deep within myself during the meditation, Ive had some personal things going on from home that I've been trying to keep out of my time here... Ive been trying so hard to focus only on this experience, the present moment, now. But it all reared itself up, Ive exhausted myself by resisting letting it in, so this time I simply surrendered and let myself feel it all.. It was a very emotional, yet freeing meditation... It allowed a little clarity and for that I am grateful. But at the same time, it sucked so much from me that combined with trying to absorb all t...
Comments
Post a Comment