Life in the fast lane...

..zooms by and sometimes you can forget to breathe.

Been super busy the past week with castings and shoots etc, which I love.. but combined with insomnia, I am exhausted! Today is my first day off in a while and it's heaven :) lots of frothy coffee and relaxing to be done today and i'm going to enjoy every last bit.

I've been  really trying and look after my skin etc as models are known for having the best skin and hair, and well.. mine hasnt been in the best condition lately due to neglect and stress. So here are my current top beauty tips:
  • Water - So i've been conciously trying to drink more water, and it's had a huge difference on my skin.. it looks much clearer and glowy. I know everyone says this.. but it honestly works!
  • Sweet almond oil - I've also been trying out almond oil on my skin and nails and I really recommend it! You masssage a few drops into your skin when you get out the shower, use in circular motions for a super nourishing facial and soak your nails in it for strength and growth. If massaged under the eyes for 5 mins a day its also supposed to help diminish dark circles - i'll let you know if this works, i've only done it a few times so far and it definately helps smooth out lines etc.
  • Green tea - Now i've no idea exactly what is it about this miracle tea, but I drink at least a cup a day and it seems to help with bloating/ water retention and i've noticed it helps with cellulite too! Drinking this instantly makes me feel cleaner and healthier, maybe it's phsychological but hey, if it makes me feel better then that can only be a good thing!
  • Cold water - Blasting your skin with the cold water at the end of a shower really helps with the condition of your skin as it boosts your circulation. Sometimes I just can't face it, but i'm going to make an effort to do this more!
  • Vitamins - I've tried them all, but WellWoman and Perfectil are great for skin, hair and nails. The starflower and evening primrose in wellwoman also help balance emotional ladies like me! I also take B12 which is supposed to help your hair and also releases energy from food, it also helps with metabolism ;)
Its really nice to find ways to actually look after myself, and really helps me feel more positive. Another pamper treat I love is a nice long bubble bath... we don't have one at home so whenever i'm away I always take advantage of having a good soak! I stayed with my sister whilst shooting in Birmingham at the weekend and after a long day on set I got back to hers and had a lovely hot cup of tea in the bath! Pure bliss! I actually had a lovely weekend - I was shooting for RockMyVintage, a new vintage and vintage inspired clothing company (asos style), their site goes live on the 1st of May so we were shooting all the product shots and concept/ editorials for the website. The clients were lovely, the photographer, Paul Ward was great and the other model, Swedish beauty Linda was such a sweetheart. All in all, a really fun day... unfortunately a very long and cold day, but completely worth it! Pics to come i'm sure.

Shoot with Xanthe on saturday which I am super excited for, lovely concept and styling. Tony and Guy on Sunday so new hair soon too :s

Enjoy the sunshine!

With love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little perspective.

The Monk That Sold His Ferrari