Coming home.

Coming home this time has been a different experience, I've felt a little unsettled without a real home to call my own to come back to yet, a little disappointed about leaving Beijing prematurely, a little sad for the friends left behind, a little more happy about the fact I can see friends and family back home sooner... A little confused, a little exhausted, a little amused.. But actually okay with all of these feelings; I can't pinpoint these emotions into one category, but I am perfectly happy with that.. It means I am living, to feel is to live.

And actually it's been a lovely week; lots of relaxing, catching up, visiting people and drinking far too much wine.. But surely that's exactly how spare time should be spent. I am currently on my way to Cardiff for a couple of days before I make the move to Birmingham on Wednesday.. And I am taking this rather enjoyable train journey down to Wales to just sit, listen to some beautiful music, look out at the lovely British countryside passing by and enjoy the moment of stillness.. Life will work itself out, and I know I no longer need to spend too much time worrying about the details of that.
It is a peaceful feeling, when we understand that there is no need to overthink, procrastinate and waste our energy worrying about the smaller things in life and just start enjoying the process as a whole. 

So I intend to enjoy my little trip to Cardiff, and I look forward to my adventure of moving to Birmingham and the new experiences, people, places it will bring into my life.
I've enjoyed Harrogate, and I do love Yorkshire.. But it is time, i feel have outgrown the smallness.. It is somewhere I enjoy and will continue to enjoy coming back to, but it is no longer somewhere that feels like 'home'. Some part of me just doesn't fit there anymore. It is almost too familiar..
And of course, the huge advantage of this move is that I will be closer (very close infact!) to my sisters and my little niece and nephew.. Which I couldn't be more happy about! :-D

Birmingham isn't however, somewhere is will be spending a lot of my time, for it is only two weeks until I take to the skies again and head back to my spanish home.. Barcelona.
When I think about this fact; my heart is filled with happiness.

So when I say 'coming home'.. I suppose what I really mean is discovering home.. For right now I'm not really sure exactly where I belong; but I intend to enjoy finding that out <3


With love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little perspective.

The Monk That Sold His Ferrari