And breathe.

I'm sitting on an airplane, Ive read through the inflight magazine and buffet menu twice, my phones off. I put my head back against the headrest and think, what now then?

Suddenly I realise this is the first moment I've stopped, REALLY stopped in the last few months. Without somewhere to be dashing to or a train to catch or a phone constantly buzzing in my ear I find myself somewhat confused what to do with myself. Even my hands feel odd rested gently on my lap. 
Shouldn't I be doing something? That mental list of to-do's starts thundering through my mind. 

Stop. 

Stop Zana.. You need to just stop, breathe and enjoy this hour of momentary calm. Yes my schedule is packed and my diary a mess of jobs and events and dates that all seem to be at the same time, but it WILL all work itself out, as it always does; whether we stress about the logistics or not. 

The last few months have been really busy for me.  Still working with my regular client several days a week in Leeds; I've found that any days I'm not working there get filled up pretty quickly with other jobs, shoots, workouts, my acting classes and a good measure of wine nights too. 
Sitting on this flight is the first moment I've had to myself without distraction where I can sit and just be. I've been working in super-charged-mode for so long now that I hadn't realised how much it can take over. 
It's been almost months since I last wrote a blogpost. 
Now don't get me wrong, it's GREAT being busy and having lots of things on, especially when they're social plans I choose to make myself... But as I sit now, and take stock, I realise perhaps I need to prioritise just a little more 'me' time.
I haven't been doing my yoga. I haven't been meditating. I haven't written and I haven't turned off my phone for more than ten minutes in the last few months and that is not something I'm happy about.

These are all things I enjoy. Things I have learnt I need in my life to keep balanced and grounded and in touch with myself. 
That's just it... I feel more than a little out of touch.

It's been busy and manic and there's been many changes.. Now change is good and I welcome that, but perhaps I've been guilty of letting that chaos invade my mind somewhat.  Its a level of disconnection I feel within myself. 

It's time to reconnect. It's time to stop and breathe and remember what's really important; we all need that balance in our lives. 

With love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Monk That Sold His Ferrari

A little perspective.