The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step 💫

Hello!

Im never quite sure where to start these posts when theres been a long gap since the last, I always feel theres so much to tell and finding a place to start seems impossible!

However i've been prompted to begin writing regularly again as I begin my yoga teacher training journey with Evolation Yoga.. its a very welcomed prompt; Ive always loved writing and posting on my blog.. something magical always happens when I do, realities are realised before me and my mind speaks louder than my voice can ever do.
And I'm sure with the very intense month of learning and physical training I have ahead of me; writing will be a welcomed solace.

So I arrived two days ago to beautiful Paris, which is now home to me for the summer while I complete my training.. Ive always loved this city, I remember telling my parents how I would one day live in Paris.. my dance days brought me here for shows when I was younger, then working as a model I would hop from one city to another.. but never before have I fulfilled that dream of living in the city until now. And now I find myself here, in a beautiful apartment in this wonderful city studying the one thing that has helped me find and keep my peace over the years. Yoga.

The way my path is naturally changing right now and moving in a direction that feels just right is a beautiful reminder that our destiny is already written, all we have to do is breathe and trust the process of life and we will always realise our dreams.

Through yoga I have been able to quieten my mind and the negative voices that liked to reside in there...
When I was at my worst, and doctors made me literally rest in a bed until that negativity was quiet enough for me to function again... I laid there and I knew. I need yoga.
As soon as I was well enough, I started at home on my bedroom floor and slowly, step by step my practice grew. Soon I discovered Bikram (or 'Hot') yoga... I loved how it pushed my dancers-brain in a way other styles of yoga didn't satisfy quite the same. Learning to ignore the heat, the sweat, I learnt I could quieten anything.


Mind over matter. Trust me, when you can ignore that sweat droplet blinding your left eye as you're mid-way through Triangle Pose... you can do anything!

We are always more than we think we are. We are all capable of greatness, of peace and of love. But we have to look inside ourselves. We have to open ourselves up to it all.

Yoga has given me so much more than I ever dreamed of back when I laid in that hospital bed and felt that strong desire to find yoga.. but I knew. Curiosity won and now a whole new world of awareness and self-development surrounds me. 
What I have learnt so far on my personal yoga journey cannot be summed up in one blog post.. But what is important is that I am now about to begin a new step towards becoming a teacher. This is how my journey will change... from student to teacher is a huge step. But what I have learnt over the years of self-discovery and yoga, THAT I already have. That is my starting point; Ive seen many things some people don't encounter their entire lives. Sometimes I feel I've lived a hundred lives already. 

When I decided I wanted to train to be a teacher it was because of all this, all the things I've seen, everything I've been through and learnt... I feel its MY destiny now to pass that on. I feel ready.

And so it begins. Here in Paris, in that city I always knew I would one day call home (albeit only for a short while) and it feels like magic is about me. I know the next 5 weeks is going to be a completely   life-changing time of my life.. the energy I feel about it is overwhelming. 

Beginning this part of my journey reminds me of a quote my mum used to say to me back when I was struggling to begin the path to recovery - 

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.'' - Lao Tzu 

Step by step we can build a beautiful life. Anything is possible.

With love, Namaste x 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little perspective.

January 10th