If I Had My Life To Live Over


This poem is written by Nadine Stair, at the age of 85.. Nearing the end of her life and realising she spent so many years not really living at all. 

I love this poem, it was one my mother had up in the bathroom at my childhood home, and I would read it every day.. I can recite it like my times table. From a young age I soaked those words right into my soul and promised myself to never get to 85 years old and feel that way.. I think it's a beautiful but terribly sad poem.
It reminds us how short and how precious life is, I've already spent several years not really living at all.. Which is why now I open my arms up to the entire world. I want to experience everything, so I never feel the way she felt in her last years.

Live life, the way dear Nadine wished she had.. 

With love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Monk That Sold His Ferrari

A little perspective.