Wash it away.

There's an incredible power that the ocean has to be able to simply wash away any negativity or worries, just by just being.

Today was a Saturday, and a beautifully sunny Saturday at that... I've had more than a few emotionally overcast days this week, for one reason or another... But lest to say I was ready to take myself down to the shore today, equipt with some simple pleasures; my journal, ripe fruit and a good book, and treat myself to some ocean-therapy.

I lay there, with the sun on my cheek and siving the sand through my fingertips, I simply breathed. I watched as the tide made it's way back and forth across the sand, and let my breath fall in rythmatic with the waves. It's one of the most beautifully calming experiences, to feel completely at one with the ocean.

When you look out at the vastness of the sea, the power it has over all else.. You are reminded of your size and equally the size of whatever mediocre things you are worrying or sad about, and are aware that really... Those things are insignificant. We are alive, we are breathing, just as the ocean moves with the tide... We will keep breathing. And that is the most important thing of all.
While there is breath in our lungs, we should appreciate that.

So I spent a long time on the beach, letting the sea and it's waves gently wash it all away.... And when I left, I felt cleansed and free all over again.
It's bazaar how powerful something so natural can be. But often, the simplest pleasures are the most important.

And I don't think it is just my piscean nature that feels this power that the water has... I remember one time when my sister and I were staying with some friends in the mountains close to Gandia, and the three of us and also two of their dogs took a rest from our walk and sat on some large rocks by the riverside in a valley between the mountains, we dangled out feet in the cool water and bathed in the moment for a good half an hour or more, non of us any need to speak words, but all of us filled with the same feeling of calm, of peace. Even the dogs, who's energy is usually endless; simply sat and enjoyed that moment.

So today I am thankful, for the soothing ability of nature.. For the simple pleasures in life.

With love x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little perspective.

Oh dear blog...