Wave riding and belly laughing.

So over the last week since one of my best friends and fellow model Tanya arrived here for the season with me in Barcelona; I've really learnt the importance of friendship, laughter and freedom.

Travelling is something I love, I really do.. I love my independence and I'm more than happy being in my own company which I think is essential for someone who's life is spent mainly on the road. 
Equally one of the most amazing things about it is all the interesting people you meet and amazing friends upon make along the way... These people who's history and life you know nothing about, you learn to love for exactly who they are at this time that your paths cross. It's an incredibly liberating feeling to know all you have to be when you meet these people is just your truest, most natural self.

On the other hand... There's nothing quite like the friendship of somebody who's been there through it all, who's seen you at your lows as well as your highs, someone who understands the way you work and what you're feeling. I do miss this when I'm travelling; the internet is an amazing thing and Skype-calls are a saviour.. But having Tan here with me now and other friends coming to visit from home; are reminders of the importance of friendship and proper time together. 
Over the last week I can safely say I really feel like life has been lived... I've learnt how much fun it is to ride the waves on your belly, that indulging your childish side sometimes is really rather important.. that taking the recycling down to the street in your pj's is actually totally acceptable, as is excessive olive-eating and wine drinking, that sharing is one of the most beautiful things, how lovely it is to laugh, really laugh from the bottom of your belly; sometimes about absolutely nothing. 
..I've been snapped with some of the hugest grins on my face.. And I have to thank friendship for that. 
Friendship, sunshine, enjoyment and love.. Simple pleasures really are all we need. 

And now, suitably, friends have arrived for brunch on our balcony and writing time is overpowered by real-time.. So instead I will leave the simplicity of imagery..

Which love x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Monk That Sold His Ferrari

A little perspective.