Sunrise for breakfast.

Last week while I was in London, I was invited for breakfast by the river with a new friend. This was one of the first times I've actually been invited for breakfast, and what a wonderful experience..

I'm a morning person; I love waking up early and seeing more of the day... There's a revitalising feeling of renewal and fresh-starts that come with morning time, we have a whole new day ahead of us to enjoy and make the most of. 

And I love breakfast, it's my favourite meal of the day. It's always involves my two favourite things - coffee and fruit! I posted a blog during the summer about my love for breakfast time and how wonderful it is to be able to take time and enjoy.. Enjoying and sharing with friends and loved ones makes the process even more special.

This particular morning was made even more magical by awakening early to an incredible rose-coloured sunrise. Had I not awoken early for my breakfast-meeting I would have missed this beautiful sight.. All I would have known of it would have been the photographs on Instagram or Twitter shared by other early-birds, but by waking myself up early I too enjoyed this special gift from nature.
A beautiful sunrise or sunset is so simple, yet it has the power to captivate nations in its beauty. It evokes moments of peace and calm, moments where we find time to stop and simply appreciate the view before us. Time to contemplate; to still ourselves and to focus on the now. I feel most present in these moments. 
And some of my most precious memories are held in beautiful sunsets.. They are always quiet moments, shared with friends.. A silent mutual appreciation for the world around us and that moment shared together.

But that morning I sat with my hot cup of tea in that little room in the back of the kitchen of the model-flat; I appreciated the sunrise alone.. And it was wonderful. I watched as the colours changed from deep pink to a rose orange and the skies moved to let the sun rise into view.. And as the sun began to fill the sky with its warmth, just as the light always follows the darkness of the night.. I felt lightness again, pushing away the heaviness we can sometimes carry our hearts over time. I felt it lifting away and peacefulness flooding my mind.. Such a simple thing, to sit and appreciate a sunrise.. But an incredibly powerful experience of renewal.

This is the greatest fuel we can feed ourselves... The nutrition our souls crave - peace. Finding that, wherever it my be is one of the most important things we have to be able to to. Sometimes I find it in a sunrise, or a sunset, in a walk or in meditation or in some other moment of calm.. But I always take time to find it. 
Feed your soul. Find your calm, find what it is that makes you feel like you again; feel revitalised, feel alive. Find it and never stop chasing what it is that brings you happiness. I have one close friend that does what she fondly calls 'sunset chasing'.. She knows what brings her simple joy and peace and she goes after it. I admire that and I admire anyone who chases their happiness.

So that morning, after appreciating that wonderful sunrise, I went and met my friend down by the river and I had my fruit and my coffee.. It was a gorgeous morning, and lovely company shared. But the greatest fuel I gave myself that day was that sunrise, that time spent, unplanned, simply appreciating something so beautiful.

I hope to make more days like this, rising early to make time to fuel my soul with that type of energy.. And I advise anyone to do the same. Take time for you, wake early and appreciate the day. It is what you make it.. Make it beautiful.

With love x









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little perspective.

Oh dear blog...