On the road again...

So the time has come, once again for me to be packing up my little home-from-home back into my black case and taking to the skies in sight of the next adventure.

I do feel some sadness to be leaving Barcelona this time, simply because I know it will be around 3 months until I can next return.. I feel like I'm leaving a part of me, because honestly BCN has made a special impact on me, and it certainly has a little piece of my heart.. I know I will be back, but for sure I will miss this special city.
A spanish friend of mine told me just the other day, that I seem more at home here than many Catalonians!
I've talked enough about why, so all I need say is that it does feel a little strange to be leaving for so long.. I will miss the way it makes me feel.

But that's okay because I am leaving for good reason.. New adventures to be had and places to discover! And that is what I love about travelling; the way you experience different cultures and learn to understand them enough that it can feel homely in that place.. It's an amazing experience to do that, it is difficult to explain how it effects you but it does.
My eyes have never been more open than since I started travelling, and now I couldn't imagine living a life of less colour, less vibrancy.

This time I am heading home for a short while to enjoy my birthday, spend some much needed time with my friends and family and prepare for my next big trip which will be at the end of March and will be back to Beijing for 2 months. 
It's a little daunting heading back there, as I've never worked as hard as I did last time I was there, never been pushed to my limits as much.. And, I described the feeling last night, it's similar to that emotion I'm sure a runner experiences before a marathon; the anticipation of knowing you are about to put yourself through something mentally and physically very hard.. But what balances that however, is what you gain from it too. And this trip for me back to china is not just about the money, it's about reminding myself I am more than I think I am, I am capable of things I doubt in myself, I am stronger than I believe, and there is more for me in this life than all I see now.

And that is what draws me back.. I always want to be learning, growing, understanding. Life for me isn't about sitting back and watching life uncurl, letting opportunities pass me down and looking at others and thinking 'ahh I wish I could do that!'.. No no no, we all can be and do whatever it is we desire.. But as I've said before, that always starts with belief.
Trust in your capabilities and the world is in your hands.. Or your world at least.

So for now, I will say hasta luego! ..see you soon Barcelona <3


With love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Monk That Sold His Ferrari

A little perspective.