Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway.

This is something my mother said to me one time, it was one of those sentences that imprinted itself on my mind, I wrote it, I said it, I started to believe it. Those words are what helped me to start pushing myself to begin overcoming the demons that were holding me back from truly living. 

Fear. Fear holds us back, it suppresses our real potential. Hidden behind the safety net of what we currently know is a whole world of freedom, excitement and second-level living. 
So many people are lost in their comfort zones. We become zombified in this state of ease... When every day is predictable and easy, when there are no challenges outside of the mediocre everyday tasks; we can all too easily slip into sameness. This habit of ritual is dangerous.. Usually this state of monotony is very safe, and causes no literal harm.. Just mental numbness. But when the repetitive rituals become unhealthy, that is when real disasters happen. We MUST break ourselves out of these comfort zones.. In order to grow, to challenge ourselves to be better, we have to start to feel uncomfortable. Only then do we learn what it is to truly live.

I have lived in numbness. In zombified rituals... I have also stared the point of death in the face. 
And it is only at that point, did I make a very definite decision. I wanted to live.

From that point, I began questioning each decision I made, each thought that came through my mind.. Is this going to benefit my life? Is this really important to me? I challenged every aspect of my life, each day became a step towards reaching my true potential, and still is. Now I believe in myself, I know there is more to life than what currently is.. I believe in the pursuit of happiness and I am enjoying every step towards that. Everyday I learn more, I grow and develop my strength to challenge myself to a higher level of living. 

This doesn't mean that every day is pleasurable, far from it... We have to endure what we fear most sometimes to unlock ourselves from the web of fear. Infact, the harder days teach us the most. When you look fear in the face and laugh it down, you really gain strength quicker than you ever knew. And we are ALL capable of this, but we have to take the initiative to enrich our lives beyond what we currently know to achieve this.

I wouldn't say I was fearless, I am certainly scared of slipping back into zombification. I am scared of a life un-lived. I am scared of the darkness I've seen inside my mind.. 
But I believe in my strength that no fear isn't breakable. I have challenged the biggest fear we can have.. No, not snakes, not deep water, not even spiders.. Death. 
And I don't fear it anymore, hell.. I almost welcomed it at one point, but I looked it in the eye and said no, not yet. No thank you. Before that point I always imagined death to be some far-off mystery, something so untouchable and remote it seemed almost fearful.. I'm sure this is what most feel when they say 'I'm so scared of dying'.. But actually, it can come around just like that and presents itself so nonchantly, like 'Hey, I'm that guy that's just gonna make it all end today' and it's not that untouchable, not at all. Now I've seen that, I'm not scared anymore.. But also, I'm not ready.. there's too much of life to see first, too much living to do. 
You've all heard the saying 'you could die tomorrow..' Well, without meaning to sound brash; it's true. You could.. and it's not so mystical and faraway. It's very real, and the only thing worse than dying tomorrow is to not live today.

So all I will say is this, live for today. Live the life you deserve, challenge yourself to reach your highest self.. Start living life, not just existing within those comfort zones we all become so used to. 
Question your fears, face them, overcome them. It's never as tough as you imagine it, and when you do; you unleash strength you never knew you had. Feel the fear, and do it anyway.




With love x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Monk That Sold His Ferrari

A little perspective.