Pinch. Punch..

The first of the month.

Yes, September is upon us. Another new month has begun. And today, in true British-weather style, it is raining. But instead of the usual greyness that often evokes, today I am filled with a sense of renewal. As though the rain falling on the ground is cleansing, washing away old, staleness and bringing with it fresh new life and growth.
Perhaps that is a reflection more of my inner-self, but it is nice to notice the rain in a different light. It is nice not to always have negative associations.

I have been home in the UK around a month now; and it has actually been an interesting month. Usually my time back home can be a little slow and sameness often starts to happen. But since moving my base to Birmingham, away from my hometown I feel free. In a similar way to that that I feel when I'm travelling, here I am not known and whenever that happens it gives us the chance to develop our identity.

Over the last month I've had some wonderful times, I've seen new parts of my new city, I've accustomed myself to new familiarities, found new locals and developed a feeling of comfort in a new place.. I've travelled to parts of England I've never seen, had new experiences, made new friends and met interesting people, reconnected with the ones I already have; developed those.. had some enjoyable work and been involved in some wonderful, insightful conversations.
I feel more open to the world than ever; I see this huge sea infront of me and I'm ready to swim. Ready to dive, to float, to struggle and fight.. Whatever it may bring, I know it is more rewarding than sitting comfortably on the sand and looking out at it.
Learning and growth is what life is about for me. It is about higher levels of living, it is about feeding our souls and seeking happiness, peacefulness; wherever that may lie.

I feel I am more connected to myself than ever before. It is as though my awareness of self is expanding each second. I think being on home ground plays a large factor in that... Travelling however wonderfull in it's own right, brings unfamiliarity and language barriers and that can affect how we can facilitate developing certain growth. Back home I can have more in-depth conversations and can involve myself in events and experiences I seek to learn more about. 
Of course as we travel we grow in different ways.

The experiences we have, the places we go and the people we interact with all shape that.. And each time we meet connect with somebody new our self-awareness is challenged. As we share ourselves with others we are letting them see who we are behind our faces, we are letting them inside to see person behind that.. And as we do that we are affirming with ourselves, this is the person I want people to see. This is the person I want to be. 
That is why I feel so strongly about diversifying our lives, about expanding our worlds.. Travelling to new places, meeting new people... As we do that we are getting more and more in touch with the person within ourselves. And we have to be connected to ourselves otherwise we can become lost. And being lost on life is one of the saddest places to find yourself. Trust me when I say it.. 
Never loose sight of who you are and what makes you happy. 
Find out what that is, spend more time developing that.. This is how you seek happiness. 

So I have a couple more weeks left here before I am due to once again, pack up and take to the skies for my next adventure.. And when I do I want to be ready, ready to leave.. Know I have done all I wanted to while I was home, seen the people I wanted to see, tied up all the loose ends of the unavoidable everyday life so that when I go I can feel free. Free to experience whatever that trip may bring in it's wholeness, no guilt over people not visited, time not spent, words not spoken, work not finished and papers not filed... To be free we have to be focused and wise. Being free isn't about running away or avoiding problems, I spent enough time doing that. To truly be free we have to tackle those problems and then we can leave them behind.. Running helps speed up the process though :) ..Deal with the important and then run as fast away from the rest of the shit as you can and never look back.

Stay afloat, keep swimming when the current is rough and most importantly stay awake. Never loose sight of who you are inside, and take the time when you need to to reconnect to that.. You are your only master. Only you can create the life you desire.

And as I finish writing this, coincidently.. The rain has stopped, the skies have cleared and sunshine is beginning the break through the clouds.. Rather metaphorically, there is always new light, fresh starts and new chances. Sunshine always follows the rain. Keep hope.

With love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little perspective.

Oh dear blog...