When we became strangers.

Your name pops up in my newsfeed. Boom. And there it is, like a rug suddenly pulled beneath my feet it all floods back.. We were everything, and now, we're... Nothing? 
When did it happen that we became such strangers? I think it makes me sad, but I'm not sure. Life is funny like this. People, they come and they go. They leave little imprints on our hearts which will always remain, their traces still linger in our memories.. A history written together can never be erased. 
Not even time can remove such things, time sometimes makes the pain we caused each other a little less... But it can never take away those delicious memories we made. Those special times reserved for only you and I to remember. How wonderful is that.. The uniqueness of a memory?

Perhaps it will always stay there.. I hope it will. So one day when I'm old and my life has slowed down, I can sit and remember all these people and all these magical moments my memory chooses to hold on to. This is the story of my life. And the people we meet all play a part in that. Everything happens for a reason..
Each person, each encounter, each heart torn and broken, each laugh shared.. It's all written in the beautiful story that is our lives. The hard times there to feed balance to the good, the darkness there so we can see the beauty of the light when it shines. 

And so I know that is is why we have become such strangers.. Perhaps your part has been played, or maybe just for now, or perhaps your role now is to be a part of someone else's story, just as it was when we were 'we'.. Now we are not, and that feels strange. I wonder why I resist such pre-written rules of life? 
Is it greed to want more of you? To want my desires to be more important than reason? More important than your path, and your own story? Maybe it is. But that is how I feel when I see your name pop up in my newsfeed. 

This is the way of life. Yet it never gets easier. You are gone now, sometimes I hope you will return. My love, my friend, my roommate, my ally, and all the others that slipped away.. I miss you sometimes, just so you know. 
You're still there somewhere. Those little imprints remain. They always will do.
Gone but never lost.

With love, always x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Monk That Sold His Ferrari

A little perspective.