Among the Clouds.

Hello!

Wowee, what to say... today has been another incredible day. I feel like every day is one where major transformations appear; but today really was amazing..

We started our day with group study and then went in for a morning in the hot room.. another 90 minute hot 90 class followed by an hours group meditation... Ive quickly grown to love the days where we have this schedule because the flow from the intense physical asana practice to the meditation is sooo powerful. 

Today was one of the deepest meditations I've had here... Something took all my awareness to my third eye... I didn't go in intending to practice 3rd eye meditation, because usually when i do it takes a lot of focus; its not something I normally would tap into during guided meditation.. But as I say, somehow my focus was pulled centrally and I found myself in a really deep and beautiful place. Whenever I practice third eye meditation it always starts with the same visuals and colours; vivid purples and blues (which I discussed with my friend here at training who says she also sees these colours!) that create these incredible patterns that are spherical and almost mandala-shaped, all moving in waves out from the central 'eye' point. Sometimes the point is black, sometimes purple, sometimes a bright light. Today the bright light at one point expanded until all there was was brightness covered in star-like shapes... I'm not sure how long I was there but i know for that time the usual waves I feel during my 3rd eye meditation stopped, everything was completely still. It was blissful. 
When we came out I honestly felt like I was walking on clouds... so light, so still. Elated beyond my physical body. All the chatter, all the exhaustion, the emotion, the stress, the worries... all that only exists in my physical body. But meditations like this one show me that my mind is so much more than that. That with control over the mind, through meditation, we can learn to tap in deeper, to our higher Self.. to the part of us that always exists, regardless of the physical hardships. 
To know that all that can be switched off in this way is such a comfort to me.. it reminds me that we are always more than we think we are. The Self isn't affected by these daily tests... it can find peace, we can find peace, when we go within. 

I went into that room so tired, my brain so full of everything, my body so exhausted from the intensive daily practice. The past fews days, I've really been feeling it. But I came out energised, revitalised.. like a mini re-birth; these practices show me just how powerful yoga really is. 
Our mind is amazing - what we think we really do become. 
When life is difficult; we so easily drown in that and allow our mind to begin to cloud over so all we can see is that difficulty. But once we learn to connect to our higher self, to the part of us that exists in higher consciousness, we begin to see that all this mind-stuff is just momentary. When we learn to understand this, it becomes so much easier to find ways to clear that and keep getting back to the core. With this; nothing can steal our peace.

Namasté x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little perspective.

Oh dear blog...